Student advisory service English Studies
Switch to the German version (DE)
We offer consultation by telephone or Zoom as well as in Dr Falkner's office, but please write to us via our message form first and make an appointment (please read the information below before contacting us).
We also inform you about important dates and events via e-mail if you subscribe to our newsletter.
Who are the people working at the student advisory service of the English Department ("Fachstudienberatung")?
- The team consists of Dr. Falkner and Dr. Günther. You can contact us via the message form below (please do not (also) write to Dr. Falkner's and/or Dr. Günther's personal e-mail address).
- The team is supported by Beate Boehme (secretary) and several colleagues who offer advice on specific topics (see below).
Before you contact us, please read the following information (sorted by topic) and/or consult the A-Z on your study programme:
Exams and exam registration
Credit transfer: change of subject or course programme
Credit transfer: stay abroad
ICP/Intercultural Project: please contact the ICP team (Dr. Gill Woodman, Heather Weik-Price or Rachel McIntyre)
ERASMUS: please contact Dr. Arendholz
There are currently two ways to contact us:
(1) E-mail/message form
Your questions will either be answered via e-mail/message form, or - if necessary or if you wish - you will be offered an appointment via Zoom or telephone or in Dr Falkner's office hour.
(2) weekly open office hours (mainly for shorter questions)
|Monday 4-6 pm: Zoom (Dr. Günther)||
The office hour on May 2nd has to be cancelled. There will be an office hour on May 3rd, 4-6 instead.
|via telephone (Dr. Falkner)||
8 June, 2022: only 10:00-10:30
Changes cannot always be avoided; please check this website regularly for up-to-date information. If the line is busy, I will call you back later on the same day.
In which cases/with which kinds of questions can I contact the student advisory service of the English Department?
- You can contact us for any questions relating to the study programmes offered by the English Department (e.g. planning your semester schedules, problems in the course of your studies, questions on exams, changes of study programme or subject within the range of subjects offered by the English Department, credit transfer from stays abroad or earlier studies, etc.)
- For questions on the specific following topics, please directly contact the colleagues listed in the following table:
|Bafög||PAGS, Dr. Falkner|
|Course registration in LSF||Dr. Günther|
|leave of absence in relation to the ICP||Dr. Woodman, Heather Weik-Price oder Rachel McIntyre|
|TEFL||Prof. Dr. Lütge|
|Selection procedure (EFV): BA and teacher training||Dr. Falkner|
|Selection procedure: Master English Studies||Prof. Dr. Ruge|
|Erasmus||Dr. Arendholz (outgoings), Dr. Kelnberger (incomings)|
|Intercultural Project sowie Anerkennung von Auslandsaufenthalten||Dr. Woodman, Frau Weik-Price oder Rachel McIntyre|
|general questions on teacher training (Lehramt)||Münchener Zentrum für Lehrerbildung|
|LSF (questions, problems)||Dr. Günther|
|exam registration||Dr. Günther|
|exam deregistration (because of illness, etc.)||PAGS|