Incoming exchange students
Department of English - LMU Munich
Basic information for incoming exchange students
In addition to registering with the university as such via the International Office/Auslandsamt, students wishing to take English language, linguistics or literature courses must register for individual courses as follows:
- After your Learning Agreement has been signed by Dr. Kelnberger and you have agreed with him on courses which are potentially relevant and suitable for you, please contact each of your teachers individually and ask for a place in their course.
- ERASMUS students who have not yet finished their paperwork at the time of registration for the classes: There is no need to panic. There are a number of places reserved especially for ERASMUS students. Please do contact the lecturers directly.
- Students from countries with a different semester system should clarify in advance potential attendance problems resulting from incompatible term dates.
- If you have questions, you are welcome to contact the ERASMUS coordinator Dr. Christian Kelnberger via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: There is a special section "Erasmus students" in the Englische Philologie section of the Vorlesungsverzeichnis. We do NOT offer classes specially designed for Erasmus students; the classes listed here are all of those classes from our regular course catalogue which are open to Erasmus students.
The list also provides short descriptons of each class ("Kommentar").
You will be credited the number of ECTS points given in brackets if you fulfil ALL the requirements set by the lecturer.
- Please note that some classes can be attended as either a seminar or a "Wissenschaftliche Übung"; ECTS points will be credited depending on the requirements fulfilled (a seminar usually requires a longer term paper; a Wissenschaftliche Übung usually requires only shorter assignments).
- Please note: ERASMUS-students are subject to the same regulations as regular students when it comes to exams and number of ECTS points. It is usually not possible to get extra-exams, more ECTS-points than defined for a module/class, etc. Please take this into account when planning your studies here in Munich.
- Grades: Please note that some courses are not graded. If you need a grade, please inform your lecturers in time.
- If, due to deadlines at your home university, you need your results earlier than our deadlines - which are one week before the beginning of the following term for seminars, for all other courses 21 September (summer semester) / 21 March (winter semester) -, please talk to your lecturers as early as possible (ideally at the beginning of term!). We will then try to get your results ready whenever necessary (but generally cannot guarantee this before our own deadlines).